Please let me introduce you to my current best friend:
I have to say potty training was a bit less traumatic than I anticipated. Maybe because my little girl was so ready that her nursery key worker delicately told me to get my shit together and get her in knickers already (I was planning to, I swear… sometime before she went to college!).
Another thing that’s been making the process a lot easier, however, is this travel potty. Now, I’m aware that it is pricey. I debated about whether to get it for longer than my reputation as a cool person (hahaha, who am I kidding) allows me to admit. I mean, I could get two pairs of New Look shoes for the same price as something that would be number oned and number twoed on. But I decided to do it and never looked back! This baby has already saved my life on so many occasions, including:
- 2 minutes before our train arrived.
- At the beach on a very windy day.
- In the middle of the Pride parade (She was giving fishy potty realness, for those who know what I’m talking about. If you do, please let’s be friends right now!).
And here are the other reasons why it’s worth every penny:
- It seals, so it doesn’t leak if you can’t empty it straight away. I tested. With water.
- You don’t need to buy plastic liners (less money spent, less waste created and no risk of forgetting them at home).
- If fits snuggly under our buggy.
- It doesn’t look like a potty, so I feel less awkward carrying it around in polite company.
- It’s cute (totally valid reason, right?).
You can get it here.
PS: This post is not sponsored.
PS2: I’m aware that the disclaimer above is totally unnecessary as I’ve just started the blog and it probably only has two readers (hi mum!) and nobody is offering to sponsor anything. But please indulge me 🙂